Last updated on 18 December 2014
The PC Solutions’s registered office is at Station House, North Street, Havant, PO9 1QU, England.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER TERMS THAT COVER YOUR USE OF PC SOLUTIONS DIGITAL SERVICES?
PC Solutions Digital Services are provided to you by PC Solutions (UK) Ltd, which is incorporated and registered under number 04180714 in England and Wales, unless the specific PC Solutions Digital Service makes it clear that is being made available to you by another PC Solutions (UK) Ltd organisation (such as a subsidiary company).
DO YOU HAVE TO BE OVER 18 TO USE PC SOLUTIONS DIGITAL SERVICES?
If no registration is required to access a PC Solutions Digital Service, then you may do so, even if you are under 18.
WHAT MUST YOU DO WHEN ACCESSING PC SOLUTIONS DIGITAL SERVICES?
You must be respectful to other users of PC Solutions Digital Services.
PC Solutions has developed a range of policies, including policies on Privacy, Cookies, Equal Opportunity and Diversity and Child Protection and those policies listed on our Policies page. You must understand and abide by these policies when you are using PC Solutions Digital Services.
WHAT MUST YOU NOT DO WHEN ACCESSING PC SOLUTIONS DIGITAL SERVICES?
You must not:
- use PC Solutions Digital Services in any way that disrupts, prevents or interferes with other users use of PC Solutions Digital Services;
- threaten, impersonate, abuse, intimidate or harass any users of PC Solutions Digital Services;
- upload, share or publicise any materials through PC Solutions Digital Services which are offensive, false, defamatory, sexually explicit, obscene, threatening or unlawful or which infringe intellectual property rights;
- use any PC Solutions Digital Services to break any laws of the country in which you live, or encourage anyone else to break those laws;
- delete, modify, interfere with or misuse data contained on PC Solutions Digital Services;
- post or send the same, or broadly similar, messages or communications multiple times through PC Solutions Digital Services;
- share any information which is confidential to other people or company;
- attempt to hack or attempted to defeat the security of any PC Solutions Digital Services; or suggest that PC Solutions endorses or approves of products or services (including other websites) or any non-PC Solutions entity or content, or any belief or opinion expressed within a non-PC Solutions product or service, without our prior written agreement.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU AGREE TO IF YOU REGISTER TO ACCESS ANY PC SOLUTIONS DIGITAL SERVICES?
Where you need to use a password to access any PC Solutions Digital Services, you agree to:
- make sure that any and all details you provide during registration (including details about your age) are accurate and truthful;
- notify us (via our contact us page) promptly if any of the details you have provided are no longer accurate;
- use an appropriate name for your profile. You must not pretend to be anyone else or attempt to register a profile name which could be considered defamatory or offensive;
- be entirely responsible for all activity that transpires under your profile name;
- keep secure and secret your login details (including, but not limited to, your password) - you must change your password immediately if you believe it is no longer secure or secret;
- not attempt to set up more than one account for each PC Solutions Digital Service; and
- tell us (via our contact us page) as soon as you can if you believe there has been any unauthorised use of your account.
- refuse your further access and/or use of to PC Solutions Digital Services; and/or
- remove (delete) your account (if applicable); and/or
- edit and/or remove any of Your Content from PC Solutions Digital Services.
For an explanation of what we mean by Your Content, please see the answer to the question ’Can you contribute your own content to PC Solutions Digital Services?’.
When we refer to ’PC Solutions Content’ we mean all images, text, graphics, visual interfaces, user interfaces,trade marks, audio, video media, logos, designs, artwork, pdf documents, lesson plans, articles, teaching resources, forms and other content made available to you by PC Solutions through the relevant PC Solutions Digital Service.
PC Solutions is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in PC Solutions Content and in the structure, design, and the arrangement of PC Solutions Digital Services.
PC Solutions Content may sometimes include content which is controlled or owned by other people or organisations but which PC Solutions has licenced to make available to you through the relevant PC Solutions Digital Service. Sometimes the additional licence will have additional terms and conditions which need to be followed, such as the GNU General Public License for digital services provided through other PC Solutions Digital Services.
DOES PC SOLUTIONS CONTENT ALWAYS REFLECT THE VIEW OF THE PC SOLUTIONS?
No. Although PC Solutions encourages freedom of expression, but the views expressed by individuals through PC Solutions Digital Services may not represent the views of PC Solutions.
WILL PC SOLUTIONS CONTENT BE ACCURATE?
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that PC Solutions Content (and all other information on PC Solutions Digital Services) is accurate at the time of publication, it will not always be kept up to date.
Any and all material displayed through PC Solutions Digital Services is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
We encourage you to access, copy, share, re-tweet, download and print, view and/or listen to PC Solutions Content for your own personal and non-commercial use, provided you credit PC Solutions and abide by any notice or restrictions in the material that you copy, share, re-tweet, download or print.
You must not use PC Solutions Content or material contained in the PC Solutions Digital Services for any other purpose without our prior written approval, including:
- commercial purposes except as expressly allowed by the PC Solutions in the relevant PC Solutions Digital Service;
- republish any PC Solutions Content on another website (although this does not prevent you from re-tweeting PC Solutions Content);
- modify PC Solutions Content in any way;
- use any illustrations, images, video or audio sequences or any graphics within PC Solutions Content separately from any accompanying text; and
- remove any trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on PC Solutions Content in whole or in part.
PC Solutions Content is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world.
WILL MY CONTRIBUTIONS TO ANY PC SOLUTIONS DIGITAL SERVICES BE ACKNOWLEDGED?
We normally display your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for technical and legal reasons this is not always possible.
WILL PC SOLUTIONS MODERATE MY ANY OF MY CONTRIBUTIONS TO PC SOLUTIONS DIGITAL SERVICES?
WILL YOU CONTINUE TO OWN CONTENT YOU CONTRIBUTE TO PC SOLUTION DIGITAL SERVICES?
Under the assumption that Your Content is your original work, you will continue to own Your Content and copyright in Your Content will remain with you. The rights you grant to PC Solutions to make use of Your Content are not exclusive, so you are free to continue using the material in any way, including allowing others to use Your Content.
By uploading or otherwise contributing Your Content to any PC Solutions Digital Services, you confirm to PC Solutions that all Your Content is your original work, is not defamatory, does not infringe any laws and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in Your Content (or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 18).
WHAT CAN PC SOLUTIONS DO WITH MY CONTENT?
By uploading or otherwise adding Your Content to any PC Solutions Digital Services, you grant to the PC Solutions, free of charge, permission to use Your Content (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) in any media worldwide for the purposes explained in the relevant PC Solutions Digital Service and for encouraging networking and wider conversation about educational opportunities and cultural relations. If you do not want the PC Solutions to make use of Your Content, please do not upload or otherwise add any content to PC Solutions Digital Services.
You are advised to keep a copy of all Your Content because the PC Solutions cannot guarantee to return a copy of Your Content to you at any time.
WE USE OUR BEST ENDEAVOURS TO ENSURE PC SOLUTIONS DIGITAL SERVICES REMAIN AVAILABLE TO YOU.
However, owing to the nature of the World Wide Web and Internet in general, we cannot guarantee that PC Solutions Digital Services or any websites which are linked will remain available to you. You should always ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other malware and have industry recognised security practices in place whilst using the internet.
PC Solutions Content is selected, edited, updated and made available to all users by PC Solutions through PC Solutions Digital Services at our sole discretion. This means that we reserve the right to remove PC Solutions Content from a PC Solutions Digital Service at any time.
Additionally, there are agreements with third parties that own or control parts of PC Solutions Content, and these agreements permit them to make their own content available through PC Solutions Digital Services. Due to these agreements, the period of time during which the user may access, view and/or listen to PC Solutions Content using PC Solutions Digital Services may vary.
WHAT LINKS ARE INCLUDED FROM PC SOLUTIONS DIGITAL SERVICES?
By including a link to a Third Party Site from PC Solutions Digital Services, We are not endorsing that Third Party Site, or implying any association with its operators.
Any actives (including, but not limited to the purchase of goods or services) performed through a Third Party Site will be subject to the terms and conditions of sale brought to your attention before or at the time of purchase.
CAN YOU POST LINKS TO PC SOLUTIONS DIGITAL SERVICES OR PC SOLUTIONS CONTENT ON MY WEBSITE, OR OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES?
Generally, PC Solutions will not object if you have a text link from your website (including social media pages) to PC Solutions Digital Services which are made accessible free of charge. However, you can not copy any part of PC Solutions Digital Services onto different websites or products without our prior written permission. Additionally, you may not publish or otherwise use direct links to PC Solutions Content (without the context of the relevant PC Solutions Digital Service) without our prior written permission. Nothing in this paragraph prevents you from re-tweeting PC Solutions Content.
You are not permitted to link to PC Solutions Digital Services if you create or post any illegal, obscene or offensive content, or if the link is likely to incur a negative impact on PC Solutions’s reputation.
PC Solutions reserve the right to restrict the use of links to PC Solutions Digital Services that require payment to access.
HOW IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE PROTECTED?
PC Solutions is designated as the data controller of any personal data collected through PC Solutions Digital Services for the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
When PC Solutions collects data for a specific product or service, we will explain why the data is needed and how it will be used.
You can also request a copy of the information the PC Solutions holds about you.
PC Solutions Digital Services and any information or other material contained in them are made available strictly on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. Where you come to rely on any information or other material contained in PC Solutions Digital Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and you additionally accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, trade usage, statute, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of PC Solutions Digital Services are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
PC Solutions Digital Services have been created with the aim of providing key information and data about PC Solutions and the work we do, and under no circumstance constitute advice in relation to any particular situation.
Consequently, PC Solutions and all subsidiary entities of PC Solutions, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents, exclude all liability arising from your use of PC Solutions Digital Services to the fullest extent permitted by law.
What terms will apply if you pay for a particular PC Solutions Digital Service or PC Solutions Content?